5A, 36V, Frequency Selectable Step-Down Converter with Smart Dual USB Charging Ports
The MP5402M integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and a charging port identification circuit. It achieves 5A of continuous output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The output of the USB switch is current limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for the battery charging specification (BC1.2), the divider mode, and the 1.2V/1.2V mode, eliminating outside user interaction.
The output voltage has programmable line drop compensation.
Fault condition protection includes hiccup current limiting, output OVP, and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The MP5402M requires a minimum number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- EMI Reduction Technique
- Wide 7V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Fixed 5V Output Voltage with Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 40mΩ/32mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 24mΩ/24mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- 350kHz/250kHz/150kHz Frequency Selectable
- Programmable Line Drop Compensation
- Output Over-Voltage Protection
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.6
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)2.5/2.5