The MA302 detects the absolute angular position of a permanent magnet, typically a diametrically magnetized cylinder on a rotating shaft. Fast data acquisition and processing provide accurate angle measurement at speeds from 0 to 60,000 rpm.
The MA302 supports a wide range of magnetic field strengths and spatial configurations. Both end-of-shaft and off-axis (side-shaft mounting) configurations are supported.
The MA302 features magnetic field strength detection with programmable thresholds to allow sensing of the magnet position relative to the sensor for creation of functions such as sensing of axial movements or for diagnostics.
On-chip non-volatile memory provides storage for configuration parameters, including the reference zero angle position, ABZ encoder settings, UVW pole pair emulation settings, and magnetic field detection thresholds.
- 12-Bit Resolution Absolute Angle Encoder
- Contactless Sensing for Long Life
- SPI Serial Interface for Digital Angle Readout and Chip Configuration
- Incremental 10-Bit ABZ Quadrature Encoder Interface with Programmable Pulses Per Turn from 1 to 256
- UVW Interface with 1 to 8 Pole Pair Emulation
- Programmable Magnetic Field Strength Detection for Diagnostic Checks
- 3.3V, 12mA Supply
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Vin (max) (V)3.6
- fcutoff (Hz)390
- Latency (µs)8
- Isupply (mA)11.7
- tstart-up (ms)12
- Refresh Rate (kHz)1000
- Output FormatABZ, SPI, UVW
- Resolution (bits)12
- Sensor PositionEnd-of-Shaft, Side-Shaft
- ABZ Pulses per Turn per Channel1 to 256
- Temp Range (°C)-40 to +125
- Magnetic Field (min) (mT)30
Round Eval Board for MA302
The TBMA302-Q-RD-01A is the round test board for the MagAlpha magnetic position sensor MA302. This configuration is used for end shaft sensing.
It requires the communications kit (EVKT-MACOM) and the Macom App Software (see below) to evaluate MagAlpha functionality and performance with your set-up, such as noise level, refresh rate, power-up time, and magnetic field dependence.
In addition to this round test board there is a long format version (LT) where the sensor is mounted on the edge of the board and can therefore be used in both side-shaft and end-of-shaft configurations.
￥ 68.50 + tax