8-Bit, Contactless, Angle Encoder with PWM Output and Push Button Function
The MagAlpha MA850 is a simple-to-use magnetic angle encoder designed to replace analog potentiometers or rotary switches. The sensor detects the absolute angular position of a permanent magnet attached to a rotating shaft and outputs a PWM waveform with 8-bit resolution.
The user has wide flexibility in terms of magnet shapes and configurations. Typically, the MA850 is used with a diametrically magnetized cylinder of 3mm to 8mm in diameter.
The MA850 features programmable magnetic field strength thresholds which allow implementation of a push or pull button function. When triggered, these are readable as register bits and also output as two logic signals.
On-chip non-volatile memory provides storage for configuration parameters including the reference zero angle position and the magnetic field detection threshold settings.
- 8-Bit Resolution Absolute Angle Encoder
- Contactless Sensing for Long Life with No Wear
- SPI Serial Interface for Chip Configuration
- Programmable Magnetic Field Strength Detection for Push/Pull Button Detection
- 3.3V, 12mA Supply
- PWM Output
- -40 to +125°C Operating Temperature
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Vin (max) (V)3.6
- PWM Frequency (Hz)50000
- fcutoff (Hz)200
- Latency (µs)2000
- Isupply (mA)11.7
- tstart-up (ms)20
- Refresh Rate (kHz)1000
- Output FormatPWM, SPI
- Resolution (bits)8
- Sensor PositionEnd-of-Shaft
- Temp Range (°C)-40 to +125
- Magnetic Field (min) (mT)30