2A, 1 Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger in 3mmx3mm Package
The MP2615B is a monolithic switching charger for a 1 cell lithium-Ion or lithium-Polymer battery packed with built-in power MOSFETs. It’s able to achieve up to 2A charge current which can be programmed via an accurate sense resistor over the whole input range.
MP2615B regulates the charge current and full battery voltage using two control loops to realize high accuracy constant current (CC) charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Thanks to the constant-off-time (COT) mode control, 99% duty cycle can be achieved when battery voltage is close to the input voltage to keep the charge current always at a relative high level.
Battery temperature and charging status are always monitored for each condition. Two status monitor output pins are provided to indicate the battery charging status and input power status. The MP2615B also features internal reverse blocking protection.
The MP2615B is available in QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) package.
- 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Voltage
- Up to 99% Duty Cycle Operation
- Up to 2A Programmable Charging Current
- ±0.75% Full Battery Voltage Accuracy
- 4.03V and 3.99V Selection for Full Battery Voltage
- Full Integrated Power Switches
- Internal Loop Compensation
- No External Reverse Blocking Diode Required
- Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
- Charging Operation Indicator
- Programmable Safety Timer
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.95
- Operating Vin (max) (V)18
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)23
- Number of Series Cells1
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.03
- Vbatt (min) (V)3.93
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- fsw (kHz)760
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesThermal Shutdown
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes