10A, 17V High Efficiency Synchronous Step-Down Converter with I2C Interface
The MP8868 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, stepdown, switch-mode converter with an I2C control interface. Its fully integrated solution achieves a 10A output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input-supply range.
The reference voltage level is controlled on-the-fly by the I2C serial interface with the reference voltage range adjustable from 0.6V to 1.87V in 10mV steps. In addition, the voltage scaling slew rate, the switching frequency, enable, and power-save mode are selectable through the I2C interface.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. EN/SYNC supports external clock synchronization, and an open-drain power good pin indicates when the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include:
• Over-voltage protection (OVP)
• Hiccup over-current protection (OCP)
• Thermal shutdown
The MP8868 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components, and it is available in a QFN-14 (3x4mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V-to-17V Operating Input Range
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Reference Output Voltage
- Range from 0.6V to 1.87V in 10mV Steps with Slew Rate Control
- I2C Selectable Switching Frequency
- 200kHz-2MHz Synchronized External Clock
- OTP, OCP Hiccup Indication Via I2C
- Selectable PSM and Fs Through I2C
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Open-Drain Power Good Indicator
- Small 3x4mm QFN14 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1500
- Vin (max) (V)17
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)14
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.56
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesI2C Interface, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Power-Saving Mode
Configure multiple parameters of the MP88xx including output voltage and fsw.
This I2C GUI allows you to program the MP88xx . By using this I2C GUI, you can set the output voltage, switching frequency, slew rate, and operation mode. Please reference the parts respective user guides for installation and programing instructions.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later