4A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, High Efficiency, COT Synchronous Step-Down Converter with PG and Auto Discharge
The MP2131 is a monolithic step-down, switch- mode converter with built-in internal power MOSFETs. It achieves a 4 A continuous output current from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The MP2131 is ideal for powering portable equipment that run from a single cell lithium-ion (Li+) battery. The output voltage is regulated as low as 0.6 V.
The constant-on-time (COT) control scheme provides fast transient response, high light-load efficiency, and eases loop stabilization.
Fault condition protection includes cyclebycycle current limit and thermal shutdown.
The MP2131 requires a minimum number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in an ultra-small QFN-12 (2mm x 2mm) package.
The MP2131 is ideal for a wide range of applications including portable instruments, small handheld and battery–powered devices, PDAs, and DVD drives.
- Wide 2.7 V to 5.5 V Operating Input Range
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.6 V
- 4 A Output Current
- 35 mΩ and 18 mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
- Above 96% Peak Efficiency
- Above 80% Light Load Efficiency
- Low IQ: 19 μA
- 1.2 MHz Frequency
- 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
- 0.5 ms Internal Soft-Start Time
- EN and Power Good for Power Sequencing
- Auto Discharge at EN Off
- Short-Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- Available in a QFN-12 (2mm x 2mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1200
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Iout (max) (A)4
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)7.5
- Max Duty Cycle (%)1
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.019
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-12 (2x2)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special Features100% 占空比, Soft Stop