3V-25Vin, 50Vout, 4-Channel WLED Boost Converter
The MP3384L is a step-up converter to control up to 4 white LED strings for LCD backlighting.
The MP3384L employs a fixed-switching frequency that can be selected from either 625kHz or 1.25MHz. It takes a 3V-to-25V input supply: The low-end input voltage allows the MP3384L to power a tablet display from a single battery.
The MP3384L has 4 internal current sources to independently regulate the current in each LED string to a value set by an external, current-setting resistor. It achieves current balance within 2.5% regulation accuracy between strings. Its low 600mV regulation voltage for the LED current sources reduces power loss and improves efficiency.
The MP3384L features multiple protections, including under-voltage lockout, MOSFET current limiting, over-voltage protection, open/short LED protection, and thermal shut-down.
The MP3384L is available in a 3mm×3mm QFN16 package.
- Highly Efficient
- 3V-to-25V Input Voltage Range
- 50V Maximum Step-Up Voltage
- Balanced Driver for 4 WLED Strings
- 2.5% Current Matching Accuracy Between Strings
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 625kHz or 1.25MHz
- PWM Dimming
- Programmable Over-Voltage Protection
- Under-Voltage Lockout
- Open and Short LED Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- 3mm×3mm 16-pin QFN Package
- Isw Limit (A)1.2
- Ishutdown (µA)2
- Vin (max) (V)25
- fsw (min) (kHz)625
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.03
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)50
- fsw (max) (kHz)1250
- Vout (max) (V)50
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Rds(on) (mΩ)500
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Power MOSFETIntegrated
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim
- Iq (mA)1.8
- Typical LCD Screen SizesSmall (<10"), Medium (10"-29")