4.5A, 7V, Power Back-Up Management
The MP5455 is designed to provide back-up power in the event of a power failure. The internal input current limit block with dV/dt control prevents inrush current during system start-up. The bus voltage start-up slew rate is programmable. MPS’s patented power back-up control circuit minimizes the storage capacitor requirement. This control circuit pumps the input voltage to a higher storage voltage and releases the energy over a hold-up time to the system in the case of an input outage. The storage voltage and the release voltage are both programmable for different system requirements.
The MP5455 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-20 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Power Back-Up Management Circuit
- Input Current Limiter with Integrated 60mΩ MOSFET
- Wide 2.7V to 7V Operating Input Range
- Up to 4.5A Input Current Limit
- Reverse-Current Protection
- Adjustable dV/dt Slew Rate for Bus Voltage Start-Up
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Available in a QFN-20 (3mmx4mm) Package
- Vfb (V)0.79
- Vin (max) (V)7
- Vs (max) (V)30
- Vbus (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Irelease (A)5
- Icharge (A)0.5
- Iq (typ) (mA)2
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter1
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter1
- Internal LDO0
- PackageQFN-20 (3x4)
- Step-Up Converter Current (A)up to 0.5
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)5.0
- Special FeaturesInput Current Limit, Reverse-Current Protection
PMU for SSD Evaluation Board
EV5505A-L-00AEvaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MP5505A. The MP5505A is front end power and data backup power management Unit IC for SSD application. It supports input hot swap, input startup inrush current control, input current limit, power on reset and backup power management for SSD data backup in case of input power failure. MP5505A’s built-in boost mode converter charges energy storage bulk capacitor to a programmed voltage level (up to 30V) when system is powered up and keeps refreshing the charge during normal operation. In case of input power failure, MP5505A flags the input power failure, disconnects input power and transfers the energy from energy storage bulk capacitor to SSD system’s DCDC switches via built-in buck mode converter to keep SSD system powered for data backup.
The MP5505A requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and is available in a space QFN20 (3mmX4mm) package.
￥ 175.50 + tax